Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Baby blessing and such

My birthday was last Wednesday. I celebrated by chopping my hair off and by taking a nap that morning after AJ got on the bus. Joe took me out to dinner that evening. He made it special by showing up in a suit complete with a dozen roses. He even arranged for babysitting, so I didn’t have to. I got multiple monetary donations to our house renovations as well as some jewelry, lots of cards, some treats, and Facebook/email shout-outs.

Thursday was AJ’s nutrition night at the school. They learned about eating healthy meals and emphasized eating breakfast every day. It’s funny. I feed AJ breakfast before he leaves for school in the morning. Then, AJ eats school breakfast again almost every morning when he gets off the bus. They taught the adults about the dangers of energy drinks and soda. We gave ourselves a pat on the back for not drinking the stuff like other people do. The interesting thing we learned is that a lot of energy drinks have alcohol in them as well. And since most people don’t know that there’s alcohol in them, they’re being sold to teenagers and people are drinking them in schools and workplaces all over. Scary!

The kids participated in a service project for primary on Saturday morning. We made cards and sung songs for a few of the nursing homes here in town. Joe and I were there to help as part of our calling as Valiant teachers.

Brooklin’s baby blessing was this Sunday. In her blessing, Joe said that she had a “strong heart” and that it would lead her to make right choices. He blessed her with wisdom and a desire to stay close to her family. Lots of people were able to attend, including Scott, Andrea, Joe’s parents, Liz and her family, Ben Justesen, and Brett and Jeni Hellewell. After church, we celebrated at our house while the kids destroyed my house. (Really, it wasn’t that bad). We also celebrated my and Dyana’s birthdays since they were both this week.





AJ had his first visit from the tooth fairy last night, who is apparently a lot richer now than she was when I was a child. AJ has a few more loose teeth, so it won’t be long before he gets visited again. I can’t believe he’s really that old.



As for our house, we’ve managed to tile the upstairs bathroom and get it painted. Looks good so far!

4 comments:

PML said...

You are outnumbered by children now! Brooklin looked so cute in her little blessing dress. And I love the tile!

Shannon said...

Brooklin is so adorable! Your bathrooms are looking great too. Tiling is not so much fun. We did that to our office recently. Good luck! LeiAnn your hair looks so good.

Jeni said...

Hey I forgot to mention your haircut when I saw you! It did look way cute! I can't believe you went so short! Congrats to AJ that is a weird moment when your kid gets old enough to loose teeth! I agree the tooth fairy is a lot richer these days, but you can't buy much with a quarter anymore!

Randy and Ladell said...

I love your hair. You look so beautiful. But then you always do. And that baby is soooo cute. Give her kisses from me. And hug and kiss the other two as well.

Looks like life is doing well by you angel. I'm so pleased.