Sunday, March 22, 2009

week of March 22nd


This week flew by, which is odd because we really didn't do that much. The weather has been nice, so we took a few walks and played with AJ and Joe's RC car a few times.

We installed new (well, refurbished) cabinets in my laundry room. It looks much nicer and cleaner - at least it will when Joe's tools get out of there. I also started organizing all my scrapbook, sewing, and other craft projects in the cabinets upstairs. They're not installed yet, and I still need to buy the countertop I'm going to put up there to work on all my various projects. One of Joe's coworkers came over yesterday and gave us all kinds of ideas about what we should do with our dining room. What he wants to do wouldn't cost that much, but the excess isn't budgeted for. Stuff like that can kill you when you're doing home improvements. Everything is just $100 more.

AJ was pretty cute last night. He didn't want to go to sleep because he was afraid he'd have nightmares. So Joe went up and was trying to calm him down. AJ said, "Do you think we could ask Jesus to help me not have nightmares?" So of course, Joe helped him say a prayer. Then, AJ asked, "Dad, will you help me pray every night?" There's hope!!

That's it for now.

P.S. Liz and I went to WalMart for the midnight release of the Twilight DVD. Yeah, we're geeks. We know. Andrea put a Twilight background on my blog, and I'm not even gonna make her change it.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I'm jealous about twilight! I haven't got mine yet! I guess I'm just not as much of a twilight geek as some are!! You cabinets look great! Home improvements are fun but true they are not just pocket change! You guys are doing a great job with your cute little house! Hope AJ keeps getting better or at least giving you hope of it!

PML said...

I guess I better go and try to rent Twilight now that it is on DVD. Maybe you could just media mail me your copy. That would probably be faster than trying to find it available somewhere to rent. That picture of Brooklin is so cute with the binky fallen out. I love the cupboards too. So cute.

Andrea said...

Your laundry room looks good! And I miss Brooklyn, she's cute. And the other kids too, they're also cute!