Sunday, March 15, 2009

A bunch of boring stuff

Joe FINALLY got his Traxxas Summit (an expensive radio-controlled truck) in the mail. It was his turn to decide what to do with our tax return, and he really wanted a toy. I’ll have to post some video of him playing with it on YouTube since my blog has been rejecting my videos for the past few months.



AJ started soccer again this spring. It’s COLD! At least he gets to run around to stay warm. I hope it warms up a bit and soon.

I took the kids to Big R to see the baby chicks, speaking of spring. They were sure cute.


We had friends over last Sunday for dinner. We took pity on Ben and Shannon, who are in the middle of remodeling their kitchen.





AJ really needs to learn to behave himself at school. He had a bad day last week and ended up in the principal’s office again. Joe permanently relieved him of his light saber as punishment (he broke it in half in front of him). I don’t know what we’re doing wrong with him, but we’ve had it with him in trouble. Nothing we do seems to get through to him.

I took the girls to Spokane last Monday to get pictures taken and visit Andrea on her day off. We pretty much only had time for pictures and a bite of lunch at the mall. I had to drive home in a snowstorm to get AJ off the bus in time. I barely made it! The pictures turned out adorable – both girls were VERY cooperative. I wish I could afford to buy them all! But then, I think, where would I display all of them?

And pictures of the house and baby, of course…



Brooklin’s smiles are getting more frequent and much cuter than I can ever manage to capture with the camera.

Last week’s project was replacing the light fixture in my kitchen. It turned out to be a much bigger project than we anticipated because the old fixture was attached in the wrong place. So we had to move the wiring over a floor joist, put in a new wiring box, drywall patch the other hole, and paint the ceiling again to get the new fixture in.



This week, we started painting cabinets for our upcoming kitchen remodel as well as for my laundry room and craft area upstairs. We also finished tiling the upstairs bathroom and almost got the toilet back in place. Unfortunately, the water supply line we bought was too short.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Brooklin's smiles are cute even if they aren't the best ones. I'll go get your pictures tomorrow, yay! Do you want me just to keep them till I see you next? Or mail them?

Randy and Ladell said...

Angel girl, you're not doing anything wrong. The truth is that kids are who they are when they come. And some of us have a little harder time with authority than others.

But...that doesn't mean that he's going to grow up to become a rock star or a bank robber. It just means that he's going to have a bit more difficulty in learning to deal with anger and frustration.

I haven't tried it, but I hear that yoga helps the kids, and that they like it. Also, learning some kind of a discipline, like piano or karate or something that takes concentration and work.

But I have no idea if these things work or not. The best thing that we found with your cousin Sara was to simply spend a lot of time holding her, watching her diet like a hawk--some kids who act out have blood sugar issues, Bee sure does--and putting her bed a lot earlier than most people do. She has to be in bed, asleep, by 7:30 or she's evil in the morning. And the American Association of Pediatrics recommends at least 10-12 hours for kids her age. More for kids A.J.'s age. They say that at least 50% of all American children are sleep deprived, and that can lead to behavioral problems.

But most of all, stop blaming yourself, take a deep breath, and keep on going. It's all that we can do.

PML said...

Those little chicks were so cute! Did your kids just beg for one? I want to have chickens one day. But not a coop of them. Just like three. Maybe. All animals are pretty gross. Angel girl, I can't believe that Brooklin is old enough to be smiling! And I have never even seen her. So sad. I looked up plane tickets when she was born, but they were kind of a lot. Bummer. Well I like your home improvements and such. Fun fun. ta ta.

Jeni said...

Hey it sounds like you've been really busy! I hope AJ starts behaving! He is definately trying your patience! Praise him for the good stuff and see if it improves! I hope the pics turned out good! I don't know how they couldn't with your cuties! Good luck with the remodels and tell ben and shannon hi for us!

Andrea said...

Your new blog is so cute ;)