Monday, June 22, 2009

This week's adventures

With the warmer weather, we've managed to make it to the pool several times already, taking advantage of our season passes. The water is still a little cold, but it feels good when it's over 90 degrees. Even Brooklin has seemed to enjoy splashing around in her floatie. I need to get pictures next time we go. The kids are taking swimming lessons from their cousin, Zachary. AJ can tread water, reducing my "I hope my kids don't drown" anxiety a smidgeon. They both have water-in-the-ears fear, so that's the next hurdle to tackle.

Saturday, we celebrated my niece, Arri's, third birthday at a party at her house in Tri-Cities. She's adorable, and her mother, Dyana, threw a very enjoyable party for both kids and adults. Even Becky and Toni were able to make it on their way to visit Becky's parents in New Mexico.

After the party, we had a bit of time to do some summer clothes shopping for Natalie before we headed home. Natalie loves to play "fashion show" with her new clothes, so I took some pictures. Here she is in one of her favorite new outfits.

I have to confess that I'm a horrible wife. We played with friends late Saturday night after we got home, and I completely forgot it was Fathers' Day on Sunday morning. Joe, very politely, asked me if I would make him pancakes for breakfast, and I told him no because we didn't have time before church!! I didn't even realize
it until we got in the car to go to church. So I made Joe a big dinner with pie and ice cream for dessert to try and make up for it, but I still feel miserable about his being abused and neglected. We also had Joe's dad and Liz's family over for dessert. Check out the strawberry pie that Nathan made...it was at least as good as it looks!

1 comment:

PML said...

Those pies do look yummy! Tell Joe that I have never ever made a pie in our married life, and so he is less-neglected than Seth! (Okay, I have made a cheesecake from a box before)