Saturday, June 6, 2009

June 6, 2009

I stink at journaling, I know. We’ve had a busy month. Joe’s work had the opportunity to go whitewater rafting by Leavenworth. Joe was the only one smart enough to bring sunscreen. Some of his coworkers still refused to use it, saying that they would “burn once, and then tan the rest of the summer.” They all got horrible sunburns. His boss had the equivalent of second degree burns that he had to get prescription ointment from the doctor to treat. Dad’s words of wisdom keep ringing in my head, “Life is hard – but life is harder when you’re dumb.”

Joe and I went to Packwood, WA, again for Memorial Day weekend. We forgot our camera, so we only got one picture with Joe’s iPhone. This year’s purchases include a dresser for the baby and a glass cake display/punch bowl. This year was not nearly as exciting as our Labor Day adventure because we knew where to find Joe’s parents’ camper, and the weather was perfect! We were also much better prepared with strollers for the kids.


Joe and I had our first totally successful project!! I say that meaning that we didn’t encounter unexpected difficulties, and we only had to go to Lowe’s once to finish it. And it’s completely done and functional! We installed pendant lights above our island. We also moved on and installed under-cabinet lighting. That project can’t be quite finished until we’re done painting though. Joe got all excited about painting the cabinets and removed all the doors from my uppers. I REALLY wish he would have held off until we were actually ready to paint. I don’t think my cabinet organization is that horrible, but it was never meant to be showcased!


My baby is 4 months old. She’s such a sweetie. She can roll over both ways with ease to my dismay. I like it when I put babies down, and they stay put! She’s trying really hard to sit up on her own as well. After her doctor’s appointment got rescheduled a few times due to an emergency at the hospital (which, by the way resulted in me getting only 3 hours of sleep before I had to go back to work that night), the baby finally got another clean bill of health. Brooklin is 12#4.8oz. and 23” tall. When the doctor told me, I said something about how chunky she is. She just looked at me, laughed, and said, “LeiAnn, she’s in the 25%.” I’m just excited she’s on the chart.





This is a picture of Joe practicing our paint spraying skills on our headboard. We needed a test project before we tackle the cabinets.


1 comment:

Remodelaholic said...

I love the new head board! or refurbished! Looks great and I LOVE the pendant lights, I can't wait til we can get there in this house, it will be so fun!