Sunday, September 21, 2008

Busy Kids


Our kids have been busy lately. Natalie started ballet the last week of August. I think her class is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. There’s eight 2-4 year-olds prancing around in tutus, skipping, leaping, and practicing their curtseys. She LOVES it! Natalie has to show everyone that comes to our house her leotard, tights, and ballet slippers.


AJ started soccer last week. His babysitter is our friend, Shannon Justesen, whose son, Troy, is one of AJ’s best friends. Troy is pretty gung-ho soccer because his parents both played in high school, and he’s really good for a 5-year-old. I think AJ will do fine when he learns the rules. On Thursday, AJ’s team scored two goals, and the other team didn’t score. AJ scored a goal, and Troy scored one. Anyway, afterwards, Shannon’s husband, Ben, asked AJ what happened during the game, and AJ couldn’t stop talking about how he scored the goal. And he had to point out every time that, “You scored ZERO!” AJ’s kind of a sore winner or loser. He’s excited enough that he tries to wear his shin guards to bed.

Kid number three has been busy as well. He/she moves all over the place these days. I had my ultrasound on Tuesday this week. Baby seems very healthy; everything normal. I have more amniotic fluid now that I think I ever had with the first two. The medication is working really well, so I feel much better than I have. We do know if we’re having a boy or a girl, but I’m not telling until I get at least 5 votes on the poll on my blog. And if you’re one of the few people who already know, don’t spoil it. Maybe we’ll do a name poll next.


We adopted a few other children for the last week. Liz and Nathan took off to Hawaii (I know, we hate them too) for a week and left their five boys in various homes. We had Aaron and Andrew for the weekend and Jared and Zach for the week. I hope the boys had fun while they were here. I know our kids enjoyed having them. Poor Zach doesn’t start school until tomorrow, so he was bored out of his mind all week. We tried to keep him busy with chores, but he could only mow the lawn so many times . Instead, we had to get more creative. This picture is what we did one day for the girl he’s asking to Homecoming. We home-made the cards that are on each of the roses. Each one has a quality that he likes about this girl, and the folded card on the vase very politely asks if she’ll go to the dance with him. Then, we snuck it into her house and placed it on a bed of rose petals. It was great fun!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love the pictures! I am glad that your kids are having a great time! I THINK you are having a girl, but I am not sure!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, I haven't talked with you guys like in forever. This is the Durkovich clan. Congrats on the third, and your other two are so dang cute! come check out our blog-if you want- durkfamily.blogspot.
talk to ya later, Emily

PML said...

I can't wait to see some videos of AJ playing soccer. I'm sure he'll be great since he is so hyperactive!