Saturday, March 26, 2011

Of Brooklin



I have a love/hate relationship with my kids as toddlers. I think my daughter is so funny in all the little things that she does. Like hiding under a laundry basket. Or trying DESPERATELY to put on her doll's pajamas and getting frustrated when I told her they simply wouldn't fit. But it's also still hard to deal with the lack of intelligible communication and the emotional outbursts when I just don't understand what she wants. Luckily, sign helps a lot with that. But I don't know the signs for a lot of things and thus, neither does she. But she is getting better about talking.

The best news is that Brooklin is almost potty-trained. We have found jelly beans to be a great motivator for her. She has been dry all day today (so far!). Most days we are about 50/50 for accidents vs. in the toilet. She likes to wear her underwear and gets really mad when I insist on a diaper for car rides and such. Not quite sure what we're gonna do on our trip to Utah next week. We might just have to cart the toddler toilet with us :)

No comments: