Saturday, March 26, 2011

Introducing LeiAnn Johnson RNC-OB


My work gives a pretty strong incentive (money) for people who decide to certify in their specialty. I finally decided it would be well worth my time to complete my certification. I travelled to Las Vegas (by myself!!) the last week in February to take a review course and the test. I was really glad I took the review course first. A lot has changed in OB since I was in school and even since I precepted for L&D. The test was really hard, but luckily, I passed!!


I had a great time down there besides studying. I shopped at a huge 3-story ROSS on the strip for hours, probably, and didn't worry that anyone (kids or husband) was bored or sick of sifting through racks of clothes. I also walked to the mall one day and saw all kinds of fun stores that I didn't have time or money to shop at! I also finally got to see the fountain show at the Bellagio, which was spectacular! It's a shame that Las Vegas has the gambling and the disreputable establishments because there's a lot of really great and fun things to do/see there. I want to go back with Joe and see shows next time.



I celebrated my 30th birthday all by myself studying for my test in my hotel room. Joe (my too-sweet and wonderful husband) sent these to my room. It was perfect! The kids told me that they had a surprise coming (they can't keep a secret to save their lives), and I was really worried that he would try to send flowers or something equally difficult to take on an airplane. But he totally knows me. I loved it!


One of the best parts of my trip was my 3-hour layover in Salt Lake. My brother, Ben, and his fiance, Stacy, brought me Costa Vida (YUM!) for dinner and hung out with me. Stacy is my brother's twin. It's so crazy! They are exactly alike and obviously perfect for each other. I can't wait for their wedding!

No comments: