Sunday, November 14, 2010

Harvesting

These last few weeks have flown by. I had multiple training meetings to take up my spare (not!) time. I recertified for ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support), which is like CPR on steroids. So drop dead in front of me...I dare you!! Okay, please don't. Survival rates suck no matter where you are or how good a nurse I am.

Joe is doing well at work. He keeps saying that he should have done this years ago, and I agree! Being self-employed is so different, and in a good way. (Except for health insurance). He's also enjoying being a part of the classic car club with all the old fogies in Moses Lake and his friend, Aaron.

Our ward's annual Harvest dinner was last week. I volunteered to make two pies. One of which was my famous lemon meringue, which went over quite fabulously. It was the first to be gone, and everyone raved (yeah me!!). I also made a cream cheese pumpkin that was pretty darn good. I put the whipped cream on too soon, though, and it melted all over, but still tasted good.

I took Natalie in for a check-up this week. She is 35 pounds, and 43 inches tall. Which is 10% for height, and below the 3rd% for weight. But she keeps growing, so we don't care that she's small. Interestingly enough, Brooklin is now 28#. She's catching up fast. All 3 kids got flu shots. Brooklin got hers first. She cried for a minute and got over it. I had to hold AJ down to get his, and he complained the rest of the day about how badly it hurt. ("Oh, I can't shut the door; my arm hurts so bad!" "Oh, I can't clean up my toys because my arm still hurts bad!" "Oh, I punched my sister because my arm hurts so bad!") Right after AJ's tantrum, it was Natalie's turn. She responded with, "I don't need your help, Mom. I'm a big girl. I know it will hurt a minute, but then, I'll be okay."

Joe and I are part of a babysitting co-op, so we actually got a date on Friday! We had dinner at a Mexican restaurant, so the whole date only cost us for the meal and gas. Babysitting is so expensive; it's no wonder we haven't been getting out regularly before this.


Joe's mentor/manager owns the movie theater in Ephrata. He invited us to a private showing of Megamind yesterday, and we obliged happily. It was pretty enjoyable, for a cartoon.

I went to the worldwide leadership training meeting yesterday. There were some very intesting changes made, including getting rid of all the committees and a huge push to get people at home more often, especially the bishop.

Joe is watching "Supersize Me", reaffirming how badly I hate fast food. Gross!

1 comment:

PML said...

Pretty enjoyable? It was great! I thought it was hilarious. And it had such a surprise plot. The good guy turns out to be pathetic, and the bad guy really just wanted to be good all along? Who would have known. We didn't see a single preview for it, so we had no expectations. I think that helps.