Sunday, October 17, 2010

Of talks and primary programs

Today was our ward primary program. This being my first program while in the Primary presidency, it was a little stressful. We put together a practice/pizza party on Friday. I can't tell you how many kids didn't know their parts at that point, but it was most of them. And they had no idea when to go up to the podium. We were still working out getting kids where they needed to be to sing solos, play violins, etc. It was crazy.

But it somehow all worked out. The kids sang their best; they were fairly reverent (well, as reverent as 40 children ranging from 4-11 years old can possibly be when on display in front of 100+ attentive adults and various toddlers making googly eyes and laughing at them...that would be Brooklin, in case you're wondering), and most of them had miraculously figured out what they were supposed to say. Interestingly enough, Joe got more than a few comments about how our son apparently can't hold still to save his life. He was dancing to all of the songs. At least he wasn't trying to pretend fight with the other boys in his class like usual. I got roped into giving the introduction of the year's theme, which is "I Know My Savior Lives." I actually wrote the program, and when I presented it to the rest of the presidency, I told them I thought that one of us should introduce the theme. They said, "Oh, I'm sure you'll do a great job at it!" Thankfully, I only had to talk for a few minutes.

Other than that, Joe passed his final exam for work (Yeah!!!), so he is a full-fledged investment advisor representative. There are other designations he'd like to pursue in the future, but he can do everything he wants to for now. Now begins his hunt for clients. They even added him to their website. Check it out!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Gotta love primary programs.... especially if you're in the presidency and you have to write it! I know how you feel :). Good job!