Sunday, October 10, 2010

Celebrating old age (Just kidding Joe!)

I really like to tease Joe about being old. He's two years and four months older than me, which means he's ancient at 32, while I'm still in my prime at 29. And he has gray hair. I have a picture somewhere to prove it. His mentor at his new job says it makes him look distinguished. I don't know about that...

But today is his birthday, so I think I should say some nice things about him too. First of all, JOE PASSED HIS BIG TEST!!!! I'm so proud of my brilliant, hard-working, ever-patient husband for going after his dream career. Being an investment advisor is what he was made to do, and I know he'll be awesome at it. He starts bright and early tomorrow morning. Second of all, my husband is a fantastic father to our children. He sets a great example of a righteous priesthood holder in our home and helps me be a better wife and mother. Third of all, he just flat out makes me laugh. After going-on ten years together, he still surprises me with his humor and positive outlook on life.

We spent yesterday at Joe's parents' house canning applesauce. To keep things lively while we were working, Joe and his brother had a heated policital discussion about gun laws, the constitution hanging by a thread, the fact that Obama might be a terrorist (according to very reliable internet searches, according to Jeremy), and how Joe doesn't vote (not really, Joe just likes to spur his brother on). It was great fun.

Last night, we got our first date as part of a babysitting co-op. We got together with a few other couples in the ward and switch off babysitting for each other. We went bowling. I'm happy to report that I did not break any of my appendages. I did break my thumbnail in half, BUT it was much better than the last time I went and lost a toenail after I dropped a ball on it. I will not be posting my scores, but Joe got a 156!

Joe and I think this video is hilarious. http://vimeo.com/2042969 But don't watch it all the way to the end. If you get to CPS, you've gone too far. It's way funnier without that.

2 comments:

PML said...

Happy Birthday Joe! I got him a card like a month ago. Then I wrote on it this week...then I don't get out much...I think it is sitting in the mailbox right now and won't leave until Tuesday. But don't worry, it will be well worth the wait.

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Joe! Glad you are doing so well.