Sunday, February 28, 2010

Detailing 29th birthdays, lime green Mopar, and other such pasttimes

We've had a few events over the last couple weeks to write about. I turned 29 on Thursday...the first time. My mom says that I can still have my birthday from now on but stay the same age forever and ever. I might take her up on that. Although, Joe bit the dust several years ago (okay, 2), and he doesn't seem too worse for the wear. Then again, he does have a TON of gray hair now. Hmm... I got scrapbooking stuff from Joe, flowers from Joe's mom, money, and a whole bunch of cards. The Primary Presidency took me out to lunch on Friday as well. Friday night, we had the Moses Lake family over for cake and ice cream. I'm perfectly happy with a low-key birthday.



Natalie danced for a cancer benefit dinner a few weeks ago. She did a great job, as usual. Unfortunately, the teacher didn’t really give us some important details beforehand. Like that in order to actually watch the program, we’d have to reserve a spot and pay $50 a plate for dinner. So the parents all crowded out in the hall and tried to see the girls as much as possible. I held my video camera up and tried to record what I could. Joe didn’t even stay because there wasn’t room for anyone extra.


Joe bought a project car a few weeks ago. It is a '74 Plymouth Duster. Sorry, I don't have a good picture of it yet. The one attached is how he wants to paint it. It's already lime green. It's not his dream car, but he's really excited about it. He's fixing a few problems (some minor, some major) before he sells it. The goal is to make enough money to buy another car...which will also not be his dream car, but will get him closer to his dream car. It may take him a few cars, several years, and a lot of LeiAnn's patience before the dream car becomes a reality.


Joe is in Phoenix this week for work. His business belongs to a conglomerate of small businesses. Each season, they pick one of the companies to review. All the owners go to the business, interview all the employees, and make recommendations as to how it could be better run. Many companies pay big bucks to have professional firms perform this service for them, so it's a big deal. He'll be back next week. I'm going to hole myself up in my house and try really hard not to harm any of my kids. Good thing there's school all week. I might go to Tri-Cities one of these days and get the girls' pictures taken while AJ is in school.

That's all for now!

LeiAnn and kids minus Joe :(

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the new kitchen! Did I miss the post where you finished remodeling it?

Joe and LeiAnn said...

I was waiting to blog the full remodel after we painted and finished a few last little details. Your comment has made me painfully aware that it still needs done!!

PML said...

I agree with the before and after of the kitcen. We are at a standstill with any housework. Seth is going to do the backyard before it gets too hot.