Monday, February 1, 2010

Time flies when you're having fun...

Brooklin is one. As trite as it is, I can't believe she is already this old! She has been such a fun baby, and I can't wait to see more of the person she's becoming. I love her so much and am so grateful she chose to be part of our family. Here are the stats. She is 17#10oz. and 28" tall. That puts her in the 5% for weight and 15% for height.

We had a spur of the moment cake and ice cream party with a few of the family and friends on Saturday night for her. I made her a butterfly cake. Yes, that is a colored pencil in the middle - don't make fun. I didn't have a swirly candy cane like the recipe called for.


Here she is inspecting the cake.


And here she is roughly 2 minutes later.


We had to hose her off in the sink to open her presents. Thanks to those who sent gifts/cards!!



She was pooped by the end of the day!


Here is a few of Brooklin's favorite pasttimes.




6 comments:

Andrea said...

i miss that little kid, she's so cute.

PML said...

So cute! You should have told us you put this post up.

Jeni said...

She is a cutie! I can't believe she is one already! They grow so fast, well mine do-yours just age!!:) I enjoyed talking to you the other night!

James Muhlestein said...

That was a great looking cake and Brooklin is sure a cutie! We aren't at all prejudiced either.

Jeni said...

Hey I don't know if I'll get a chance to call, but just wanted to wish you a happy birthday!!! Hope it's a great one!

Shannon said...

What a cute cake and a cute baby!