Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The one where we take a "Girls' Trip"

Natalie felt bad that she wasn’t invited on the “Girl Trip” to see Wicked in September. So I planned a girl trip of our own as one of her presents from us for her birthday. We drove down to Tri-Cities on Friday morning and shopped till we about dropped. I miss stores!! We had lunch with Dyana and her girls and then shopped some more. That evening, Natalie got to wear her Sleeping Beauty dress for Jeremy and Dyana’s ward trunk-or-treat. Arri and Paige were Little Bo Peep and a Lamb (so cute!!). Natalie said the best part was the costume parade. See the previous post for a picture of Natalie and Arri.

The next morning, after I had officially spent our life savings, I took Natalie to see Disney on Ice: Worlds of Fantasy. She absolutely loved it. Her exact words when we got in the car afterwards were, “Mom, Disney on Ice was just a dream come true!!” I wish I had a picture of Natalie’s face when Tinker Bell came flying out onto the ice (isn’t it cool to be 5 years old and not notice that she’s strung up by wires?). I was really impressed by the production. The skaters were actually very talented, the costumes were well done, and it was all-around enjoyable for me as well.


We got some great pictures of the girls playing in the leaves at Dyana’s house while we packed up all our stuff.




3 comments:

Remodelaholic said...

That picture of Natalie in front of Tinkerbell is so adorable. She is totally working it!

PML said...

You should make your comments do a pop-up box...and no word verification. But anyway, I once saw Disney on Ice, many moons ago before children were even a thought of mine, and it is pretty high quality. If only I could get some free tickets like last time...so expensive!

Shannon said...

How fun! We loved Disney On Ice too.