Sunday, December 7, 2008

This week's news


We’ve pretty much spent the last week trying to recover from our journey. Natalie has pinkeye (and maybe an ear infection that we’re gonna get checked out tomorrow). AJ is over his cold and bit of a stomach bug. Joe is over his bout with a nasty stomach bug. And I’m still trying to get over a cold as well.

However, we did manage to get our Christmas decorations put up. I had an ultrasound to make sure the baby is okay. My doctor wasn’t terribly pleased when I lost weight over Thanksgiving and am measuring smaller than I should be. Everything looks just fine for now though. The little one is sure an active child. She rarely sleeps. Or maybe she just sleeps when I do. That might be a really good thing!

We went to the Primary Christmas party on Friday night and listened to a few really talented musicians and a few not-so-talented ones. They're just kids; plenty of time to improve. There was plenty of pizza and desserts afterwards. We told the kids that Santa might be able to come, but we weren't sure. When Santa walked in the room, Natalie's face absolutely lit up. She exclaimed, "I knew he would come! I just knew it!" I didn't have my camera, so one of our friends in the ward took pictures of our kids on Santa's lap and is supposed to email me with them. Joe and I are loving being in the golden age of Christmas with our kids. It really is magical for them, and it's so fun to watch!

Scott and Andrea came down yesterday to pick up a bed frame we brought home for them from Monticello. We were pretty boring and mostly sat around all day while Scott and AJ played pretend Star Wars battle. AJ went to a birthday party for one of his classmates that afternoon. He was such a sweetheart. He’s been talking to McKenzie all week long about what she wanted for her birthday, and she said she wanted a dolphin. So we got her a toy dolphin as well as a My Little Pony. When she opened it, he said she was really happy about getting the dolphin, and he was very proud of himself!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I have to apologize for Scott leading AJ on, I felt so bad when we left. He may be favorite uncle but he's definitely not most sensitive uncle. He really would have driven him home the next day, but not in time for church! We'll have to take them for a night sometime when Natalie doesn't have pinkeye and they can both come. And no mortal combat will be played.

PML said...

In response to your comment on my poop stories...Maybe she just had the same problem that our nephew has, and she didn't smell it! poor girl.