Monday, October 20, 2008

Natalie's birthday and clean carpets




Natalie turned the big 4 years old yesterday. I think she got plenty spoiled by all the gifts. She got Barbies galore, including a Princess horse and carriage, a few cards, a little money, and a fun game. I really wanted to do a party for her, but being sick and pregnant, I just plain didn’t have the energy to put it together. Maybe next year. We settled on a family party at Joe’s parents’ house yesterday afternoon. They served us delicious dinner (including ham from one of Liz’s boys’ pigs). I made Natalie a pink princess castle cake for dessert. And she got to open presents and start watching her new Sleeping Beauty movie.


The only other exciting thing we did was borrow the JRCC carpet cleaning truck and clean our carpets. Since we moved in, we’ve had a number of issues relating mostly to having small children who sneak things out of the kitchen they shouldn’t. But more than that, Natalie perpetually gets bloody noses (we think directly related to an inability to keep her finger out of it, dry air, and a lack of coordination to remove dry boogers without injuring herself) and bleeds all over before she figures out that she needs a Kleenex. Sometimes, she gets them at night and wanders all over the house, bleeding everywhere she goes. It’s made for some really nasty stains that ordinary carpet cleaners don’t fix. Then, a month or two ago, Joe accidently dropped a soda can, and it exploded all over our downstairs carpet. We cleaned immediately everywhere we saw it splatter, but we missed a lot of little spots that have been soaking up dirt ever since. We even cleaned out both our cars and did all the upholstery as well. Anyway, long story short, our carpets look AMAZING thanks to my wonderful husband!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I wondered why there were blood drops all over the bathroom while we stayed there. I used to get at least one bloody nose a week when I lived in Monticello. I think it's the air.

PML said...

Happy Birthday Natalie! She looks like she got spoiled with all her presents and princess stuff. I don't know what it is about being a princess, but Disney sure seems to have every child's heart. That is nice you got to borrow the carpet cleaner. We have light cream carpet in our apartment. Even in the dining area. Whoever thought that up was brilliant. I am constantly spraying and cleaning it, but I think only a professional shampooer will make it look decent. It's gross. Sorry for the long details!!

Unknown said...

Cute cake, LeiAnn! It's always fun right after you get your capet cleaned isn't it??

PML said...

I tagged you on my blog but I don't care if you don't do it. :)