Sunday, November 9, 2008

Primary Program

The only other news I can think of this week is that the kids participated in the annual Primary program today. AJ's part was, "My name is AJ. I am a child of God, and I am thankful for the scriptures. I love to hear the stories of Jesus." He did really good. He needed some help to remember it, but he was very clearly understandable.

Natalie practiced her part as well. It was, "My name is Natalie, and I too am a child of God. I am grateful for parents and teachers who lead and guide me." This morning when we practiced, she told me, "No, I want to be Natalie Elizabeth, and THAT'S IT!" She wouldn't say the rest of it, so I was kind of worried. And that's pretty much what she told her teacher on the pulpit when she tried to prompt her.

I was really proud of my kids. They gave us invitations to give to people we knew in the community. Our kids wanted to invite our neighbors, who are good friends. They're not members of our church. The kids were really brave little missionaries and invited them to come anyway. They weren't able to come, but that's okay. It was a good experience.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

We left too early for the primary program in our old ward and missed the one in our new ward, I was so sad because seeing the kids doing their parts is so funny! I'm glad they did well, the cars look nice. If only.....