Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Vampire Girls

Many of you know that I'm totally obsessed with books about a teenage vampire/human romance called Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I have read all three in the series multiple times and can't hardly stand waiting until August 2nd for the next one. The great part of my infatuation with the books and their author is that I'm not alone. In fact, the women in my book club in Kansas (who I'm desperately missing right now and long to discuss The Persian Pickle Club on the 27th) are generally obsessed as well.

Stephenie Meyer made it to Kansas City on May 8th for a book signing for her new book, The Host. We went all out. There were 10 of us that made T-shirts to celebrate the event. Most of the people there had shirts made, too, but we all knew we were by far the best looking. In fact, quite a few people asked if they could take pictures of us in our shirts! Stephenie Meyer seemed very cool, very down-to-earth, and completely awestruck that she's as popular as she is. The event only had tickets for the first 1,000 people, and I'm sure there were lots of people who were mad they couldn't get tickets.

It was so much fun!! I will always remember my friends in Kansas fondly, and if they're reading this, I hope they know that we can always be internet friends. And also, I'm still going to Forks on August 2nd!!

The people in the picture are (starting top and left): Karen Shardlow, Trina Contreras, Shannon Young, Maren Townsend, Carolyn Maddox, Jen Avondet, Michelle Storey, me, JoLee Stephens, and Kim Tourtillott

7 comments:

S&J Jones Family said...

Hey LeiAnn! Good to see you on here. We miss you. Check out my blog at www.sjjonesfamily.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Yeah! I'm so happy you did a Twilight post. I did and Peggy and my sister in law Erin both wrote on it that they didn't like the books, and no one else commented! I'm afraid that people will see the comments and not read them, but now maybe they'll look at yours and see I'm not the only one!

Remodelaholic said...

LeiAnn-

I Love Edward! Maybe Justin and I will have to come up to Washington and we can make a pilgrimage to Forks!

Hope you find the perfect house, we miss you guys!

Katie said...

whoa, whoa, whoa!! YOu didn't tell me you had a BLOG!! Hello?!? ANyway, come check us out: katienluke.blogspot.com

JoLee said...

Oh man. Forks on August 2nd. That will be so exciting.

Andrea said...

I got that blog from the same place. Leeloublogs.blogspot.com DON'T USE IT! Ha ha

paulak said...

That is so fun. Isn't it crazy how huge Stephenie is. Maybe its weird to me because the last family reunion that I saw her at, nobody knew her. I would be honored to come up to Forks with you, are you living in Washington now, unfortunately that is Kya's birthday and we will be in Grace with the in-laws. Maybe I can talk Carl into a trip north for her birthday instead. Thanks for the comment.